Monday, February 22, 2010

THE HUNT IS ON.

So Greg and I have the hideous task of finding an apartment. We've started looking, and most we look at are okay but not that great. I know that we'll find one, in the mean time I hate the search. And for people selling apartments, I have a few pointers:

1. A washer and dryer do NOT belong in the kitchen.
2. If you can't fully extend your body in a room, there is no way a couch will fit.
3. Just because you have painted does not mean you have "remodeled."
4. An extra drawer is not tons of extra space.

I really hope the search comes to an end and soon. I know we'll find a great one that we'll love.

4 comments:

Charles said...

Elisha before you sign any contract for an apartment in Provo, you need to contact a planning technician in the Provo City Community development department. Generally they can tell you over the phone if the property is properly licensed, and if there is a history of health safety violations or current health and safety violations. Call (801) 852-6400 and ask for Jr. Tell him you are my sister and he will take care of you. Of course if you talk with any techinician drop me name and you will get good service. If not let me know.

Also I would think about asking for a meth test if you are at all suspicious. You can get test kits and get them tested for a reasonable fee. If you are using the home test kit always swab the inside of the vents, as that is where meth usually collects and cannot be painted over.

Greg and Elisha Reese said...

Thanks for the info we will definitely use it!!

larainydays said...

Wow, Charles, you're scaring everyone to death! Good luck guys!

Charles said...

Being a Zoning Officier in Provo gave me a unique perspective of the seedy under world. Plus they gave us these cool masks and capes to wear when we went out. People couldn't tell who you were and it gave us an air of superiority. Functional and fashionable!